Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Tour Guide, Extraordinaire

Ryan's parents are in town this week, visiting from St. Louis.  This isn't their first time here, but the last time they were - we were all busy trying to put on a little wedding.  The wedding plans and hoopla somewhat overshadowed any tourism that they had in mind.

Imagine that. 

The Peters family took over Seattle on Saturday. I played tour guide for Danny and Chris.  But, I should probably keep my day job.

Gum Wall at Pike's Place

Danny and Chris at the Gum Wall

Market sign

Market piggy bank
Amazing bouquet we brought home
View of the sound

Cool stuff for sale

View of Seattle Rock 'n Roll marathon-ers running down Alaskan Way Viaduct
Rode the crazy-fast elevator of this guy

View of Lake Union from Needle

View of downtown Seattle from Needle

I think you can see Bremerton?

Love birds on top of the world
All in all, it was a great (and tiring) day, and I think Danny and Chris got to see some of the highlights of Seattle tourism.  I think they were amazed at the amount of people out-and-about, especially compared to downtown St. Louis.  Rachel and Spencer joined us for a little bit, after they realized that a bus wasn't coming for them.      

We had lunch at some little place downtown, and it may possibly be the last time I eat fettuccine alfredo.  Ever.  Not three bites into my lunch, my stomach decided it wasn't too happy and completely kicked my you-know-what.  After that, I became the tour guide who frequently stopped to sweat a little, breathe through my nose and out the mouth, and dance around a little.

You would have thought I had just run the marathon.

Take Luck,
LP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading comments, so please feel free to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...