Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

D.C.

This past week I spent time in D.C. for an internship conference.  The conference itself was a complete waste of time, but I was able to spend time with my cousin, Kristen and her husband Josh, who moved out there from Seattle in January.  They were wonderful hosts (no surprise, there) and took me around to a bunch of monuments/places of interest.

We met for dinner on Tuesday night.  Kristen said I could hop on the Metro and come to a place near her work.  I was a little overwhelmed braving this, especially since I had to get off one line and get to another.  I made my way to the restaurant during "rush hour" so I had to become pretty aggressive - which isn't usually my style.

I got to Circa early, but didn't mind since the sun was shining.

Pretty fountain

Josh & Kristen
On Wednesday, Kristen picked me up from the hotel after the conference and we commenced the ultimate sight seeing.  We started with Arlington Cemetery, the Iwo Jima Memorial and the White House.  We met up with Josh for dinner, and then continued the sight seeing well into the night.  I think we finally made it back to their condo just before midnight.  We were all exhausted, but I was completely blown away by everything they showed me.  
 
Arlington National Cemetery





JFK's grave sight and the Eternal Flame

JFK

RFK

RFK

Edward Kennedy





Guard at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier




Changing of the guard

He's telling us to be quiet and stand




View of the tomb from the garden/yard below




Iwo Jima from behind


Amazing with the sunset

White House

Washington Monument from the White House


Backside of White House
 Cousins!
White House (backside) at night

The Capitol building

Washington Monument reflecting outside the Capitol

Lincoln Memorial


Abe

Smiling Abe

Frowning Abe


Jefferson Memorial

Jefferson

Backside of Jefferson with Washington Monument between pillars
Kristen and Josh made this trip for me.  I miss them a lot, but they seem really happy there.  It was so great to see them in their new element, and having them give me a great tour was really awesome. 

Take Luck,
LP

1 comment:

  1. You'll appreciate this video, which encorporates a lot of the pictures you took:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1Azk23iC0

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading comments, so please feel free to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...