Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Feeling Crafty

I will be the first to tell you that I am not a crafty or creative person.

That was one trait that I certainly wasn't born with, and one that I don't typically work on improving.

However.

A few weeks ago while reading some of my favorite blogs, and with the help of Pinterest... I caught a crafting bug.

So this afternoon, while in husbandless-house and with control of the remote control - I commenced some crafting.

I had purchased some festive, Christmas cotton fabric from Joann's and cut it into 6 in. strips of varying width and started wrapping them around my Styrofoam wreaths. 



After the wreaths were covered, I wrapped the wreaths with bright green ribbon.


Here's where my crafty and creative abilities were stretched.  

I used green pipecleaners and small red fuzzy balls (I'm sure there is some artsy-fartsy term for these... But I am clueless) to make holly leaves.  I glued them on the bottom of the wreaths.



Once dry, I tacky glued extra green ribbon onto the top so I can hang this masterpiece in our home.


Ta-daaaaa!

My next trick will be creating an advent calendar.   But I'm guessing they won't turn out as good as Sar's or Meg's... But I can sure try!

Are you attempting any holiday crafts this year?

Take Luck,
LP

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure the "fancy name" for the red balls are just Pom Poms. Have you seen Shauna Kroeger's blog? She's crazy good and has a ton of DIY stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading comments, so please feel free to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...